The following is a listing of jobs available at the fair –
DAY 2 Judging Day, Thursday March 23, 2017
*Most jobs are done in teams*
Parking Pass Assistant ( 9 AM – 5 PM )
Qualities: Ability to stand for long periods outside and stay warm, good hearing, unflappable
- Direct parking areas for those eligible, and check their names off list.
Category Judge Check-in Assistant ( 9 AM – 1 PM )
Qualities: Unflappable, easy with alpha and numbers, careful
- Mark list and pull file as judges check in
Judge Table Guides ( 11 AM – 1 PM )
Qualities: Good memory, sense of direction
- Help judges find their table in large meeting room
Door Monitors ( 1:45 – 6:00 PM )
Qualilties: Stern mien, disciplined, Mostly sitting.
- Prevent contestants from leaving before end of contest
- Prevent unauthorized others from entering.
Parking Lot/Security Guides ( 9 AM – 6:30 PM in 3hr shifts )
Qualities: Authoritative, patient, good sense of direction
- Help students/teachers/parents find drop-off area and parking areas
- Prevent traffic stoppage in the South Hall area of the Convention Center.
Shutdown Assistant ( 5 PM – 7:30 PM)
Qualities: Willing to work loading a storage van, patience
- Help pack & carry fair materials back to vans for shut down of the fair.