Project Check-in Day/Time
Wednesday, March 22, 2017 Anytime between Noon and 6PM, Come early to avoid crowds.
Location and Drop Off Logistics
San Jose McEnery Convention Center, South Hall
Parking may be tight in the convention center area. There is no free parking at South Hall. Please see our website parking info.
Students and projects may be dropped off at the curb on Viola St. next to the sign STUDENT DROP OFF. However you may NOT dwell on Viola. Make arrangements to contact students (by cell phone) if they need to be picked up at the same sidewalk location. Teachers who wish to assist students will need to find a nearby public parking lot, and meet students at the Information Desk inside.
Teachers who have a registration for Group Check-In (greater than 5 projects to bring in without student help), will have parking available on a first come/first serve basis near the South Hall provided space is available. The parking attendants have a list of Group Check-In teachers.
What to Bring (Student or Designated Adult)
- Your Project Board and research Notebook.
- Engineering project or laptop if used in presentation.
- A completed 2-page Compliance Checklist (see Project Status for the project number)
- Your Abstracts (download templates for Abstract and Compliance Checklist from Forms page)
- Grades 9–12, should bring 15–20 copies of your abstract.
- Grades 6–8, should bring 10 copies of your abstract.
- The Compliance Checklist and 1 copy of the Abstract must be taped to the desk
in front of the display board after project Check-In, and become property of the student when
the fair closes at 6PM March 22nd.
What Else to Bring
Does your project have human subjects?
Bring in all the completed Form 4 forms (one form signed by each human subject).
Is your project a continuation from last year?
Bring a completed Form 7
Was your project done at a Registered Research Institution?
Form 1C must be with your project board. You will need to tape onto the desk–
1 copy (in front of display board), and leave one copy with the application.
SYNOPSYS CHAMPIONSHIP public viewing 5-6PM March 23rd.